Circuit Breaker Action: Victorian Government’s Business Support Package
Victoria’s business community has been greatly impacted by the global pandemic.
To help businesses manage this impact, the Victorian Government has announced a further $143 million package to support eligible businesses impacted by the circuit breaker action to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Business Victoria website for the most up to date information on this support package.
There are four initiatives available for eligible businesses as part of this support package:
Business Costs Assistance Program
The new Business Costs Assistance Program helps eligible businesses with costs incurred as a result of the circuit breaker action.
For example, businesses may have incurred costs through loss of perishable food or produce and cancelled bookings.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $3 million can receive a one-off grant of $2000, whether they have employees or not.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund – Circuit Breaker Action Payment
Eligible businesses who received a grant through the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund will receive a further one-off payment of $3000 to help with costs incurred as a result of the circuit breaker action. Businesses that receive this payment will not be eligible to receive a grant from the Business Costs Assistance Program.
Victorian Accommodation Support Program
The new Victorian Accommodation Support Program is an expansion of the Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program and includes tourist accommodation premises in Greater Melbourne. This will support accommodation providers whose bookings were cancelled due to the circuit breaker action to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The $16.2 million Program supports tourism accommodation providers with a grant of one of two tiers of support for those with demonstrated booking cancellations between Friday 12 February and Wednesday 17 February 2021:
- Tier 1: Funding of $2250 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 10 or fewer cancelled nights.
- Tier 2: Funding of $4500 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises with 11 or more cancelled nights.
The Victorian Accommodation Support Program will open soon. Register your interest in this program now.
Travel Voucher schemes
Two travel voucher schemes will encourage Victorians to travel across the state, as our tourism industry recovers from the impacts of COVID-19 and bushfires.
The schemes include:
- a new Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme with 40,000 vouchers to support travel in greater Melbourne will launch soon
- an expanded Regional Travel Voucher SchemeExternal link (opens in same window) with an additional 10,000 vouchers to support travel in regional Victoria
Business Recovery Advisory Service for East Gippsland Shire & Wellington Shire
The Business Recovery Advisory Service is actively working with businesses in the East Gippsland Shire & the Wellington Shire to ensure they are using available government resources to recover from the past 13 months of very difficult business trading conditions. This service is working closely with Council Officers and many of the BTA’s in the region.
The Business Recovery program offers free assistance with
- Initial meeting: The initial triage/concierge will facilitate the Business Recovery Advisory Support Services and provision of rapid response in assessing the impact of 2019-21 negative business conditions, complexity of trauma and provide immediate support, advice and relief to minimise risk or loss.
- Business Recovery Planning: The Business Recovery Adviser will facilitate and deliver relief packages and develop a plan to restore business operations with corrective actions and strategies to reduce impact and risk.
- Business Resilience: Business Resilience Mentors will provide ongoing business mentoring to local community members owning and operating local businesses. We will develop a plan that strengthens and grows business generally with emphasis on prevention, risk mitigation, resilience, and future emergency management.
Many businesses that have worked with us and are now more resilient and focused on the many things that they are good at.
The Business Recovery Advisory Service is a proud initiative of Small Business Victoria Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
You can contact our local representative and Business Recovery Advisor, Tom Ponting by email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and he will call to arrange a time to visit you.
Please feel free to fill out the registration form on our web page by making a booking online at the following URL.
We are here to help.
FREE Business Recovery and Resilience Mentoring Program for Small Business
We are pleased to announce that Carmel Riley Consulting has been selected by the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) as a Gippsland supplier to deliver the FREE business recovery and resilience mentoring program. We have already guided several businesses through this valuable program. We encourage you to apply via the VCCI website and let us help your business. Please click on the link below.
At Carmel Riley Consulting our trading mission is to deliver high quality strategic and tactical advice to support socially minded small businesses, entrepreneurs, government, and non-profits to achieve mission-oriented, profitable solutions. We have been certified by Social Traders as a Social Enterprise. We are based in Gippsland and are passionate about helping Gippsland grow. Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn or visit our website.