CLOSING FRIDAY 13 AUGUST – Victorian Government Business Costs Assistance
The Victorian Government’s Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two July Extension gives eligible businesses that had not previously applied for the Program in June, or have since become eligible, with the opportunity to apply for the equivalent of the July Top-Up Payments.
The program offers grants of $4800 to eligible businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses, depending on their industry sector. Applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on Friday 13 August.
- Your business must hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 15 July 2021.
- Your business must be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on 15 July 2021
- Your business must operate in an eligible sector listed in the eligible ANZSIC classes for this program.
- Your business must have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely.
- Your business must not have received a grant from the Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two or the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021.
The Victorian Government is also accepting applications for the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 July Extension. This program provides eligible businesses that did not apply for the program in June 2021 with the opportunity to apply for $7200 in support. Liquor licensees holding an eligible liquor licence will be invited to apply by Business Victoria.
Businesses may be eligible for other assistance through other Victorian Government programs, including:
- If you are a sole trader or microbusiness seeking information or advice about COVID-19 support, you can call the dedicated Concierge Service for assistance.
- The Partners in Wellbeing Helpline (1300 375 330) is a confidential, one-on-one service providing support for small business owners and employees through trained wellbeing coaches, financial counsellors and business advisors.
- The Small Business COVID Hardship Fund and the reintroduced Commercial Tenancy Relief Scheme will also both be available soon. Subscribe to the Business Victoria Update newsletter for updates on these and other business support programs.
Individuals who have lost hours or income may also be eligible for financial support through the Commonwealth Government’s COVID‑19 Disaster Payment.
Victorian Government’s Business Costs Assistance programs now open
The Victorian Government has launched a new round of grants for eligible small to medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses impacted by the recent restrictions in Victoria.
The Business Costs Assistance program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
The Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund offers grants of $3,500 for businesses with a premises in regional Victoria and $7,000 for businesses with a premises in metropolitan Melbourne. This Fund will be available to eligible liquor licensees operating a restaurant, hotel, café, pub, bar, club, or reception centre that is registered to serve food and alcohol.
- Eligible liquor licensees with an eLicence email address will receive an email containing their grant application link from Business Victoria from Thursday 3 June 2021.
- Liquor licensees without an eLicence email address must set one up on their Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation Liquor Portal by 20 June 2021 to receive their grant application link from Business Victoria within five business days
Full eligibility criteria for both the Business Costs Assistance Program and Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund can be found on the links above, along with details on which industries are eligible and how to apply. Applications are open until 11:59pm on 24 June 2021.
Please reach out to your Local Business Concierge if you need additional information on these programs.
Circuit Breaker Action: Victorian Government’s Business Support Package
Victoria’s business community has been greatly impacted by the global pandemic.
To help businesses manage this impact, the Victorian Government has announced a further $143 million package to support eligible businesses impacted by the circuit breaker action to limit the spread of COVID-19. Visit the Business Victoria website for the most up to date information on this support package.
There are four initiatives available for eligible businesses as part of this support package:
Business Costs Assistance Program
The new Business Costs Assistance Program helps eligible businesses with costs incurred as a result of the circuit breaker action.
For example, businesses may have incurred costs through loss of perishable food or produce and cancelled bookings.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $3 million can receive a one-off grant of $2000, whether they have employees or not.
Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund – Circuit Breaker Action Payment
Eligible businesses who received a grant through the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund will receive a further one-off payment of $3000 to help with costs incurred as a result of the circuit breaker action. Businesses that receive this payment will not be eligible to receive a grant from the Business Costs Assistance Program.
Victorian Accommodation Support Program
The new Victorian Accommodation Support Program is an expansion of the Regional Tourism Accommodation Support Program and includes tourist accommodation premises in Greater Melbourne. This will support accommodation providers whose bookings were cancelled due to the circuit breaker action to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The $16.2 million Program supports tourism accommodation providers with a grant of one of two tiers of support for those with demonstrated booking cancellations between Friday 12 February and Wednesday 17 February 2021:
- Tier 1: Funding of $2250 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises experiencing 10 or fewer cancelled nights.
- Tier 2: Funding of $4500 (ex GST) per Accommodation Premises with 11 or more cancelled nights.
The Victorian Accommodation Support Program will open soon. Register your interest in this program now.
Travel Voucher schemes
Two travel voucher schemes will encourage Victorians to travel across the state, as our tourism industry recovers from the impacts of COVID-19 and bushfires.
The schemes include:
- a new Melbourne Travel Voucher Scheme with 40,000 vouchers to support travel in greater Melbourne will launch soon
- an expanded Regional Travel Voucher SchemeExternal link (opens in same window) with an additional 10,000 vouchers to support travel in regional Victoria
Business Recovery Advisory Service for East Gippsland Shire & Wellington Shire
The Business Recovery Advisory Service is actively working with businesses in the East Gippsland Shire & the Wellington Shire to ensure they are using available government resources to recover from the past 13 months of very difficult business trading conditions. This service is working closely with Council Officers and many of the BTA’s in the region.
The Business Recovery program offers free assistance with
- Initial meeting: The initial triage/concierge will facilitate the Business Recovery Advisory Support Services and provision of rapid response in assessing the impact of 2019-21 negative business conditions, complexity of trauma and provide immediate support, advice and relief to minimise risk or loss.
- Business Recovery Planning: The Business Recovery Adviser will facilitate and deliver relief packages and develop a plan to restore business operations with corrective actions and strategies to reduce impact and risk.
- Business Resilience: Business Resilience Mentors will provide ongoing business mentoring to local community members owning and operating local businesses. We will develop a plan that strengthens and grows business generally with emphasis on prevention, risk mitigation, resilience, and future emergency management.
Many businesses that have worked with us and are now more resilient and focused on the many things that they are good at.
The Business Recovery Advisory Service is a proud initiative of Small Business Victoria Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions.
You can contact our local representative and Business Recovery Advisor, Tom Ponting by email email@example.com with your contact details and he will call to arrange a time to visit you.
Please feel free to fill out the registration form on our web page by making a booking online at the following URL.
We are here to help.
FREE Business Recovery and Resilience Mentoring Program for Small Business
We are pleased to announce that Carmel Riley Consulting has been selected by the Victorian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) as a Gippsland supplier to deliver the FREE business recovery and resilience mentoring program. We have already guided several businesses through this valuable program. We encourage you to apply via the VCCI website and let us help your business. Please click on the link below.
At Carmel Riley Consulting our trading mission is to deliver high quality strategic and tactical advice to support socially minded small businesses, entrepreneurs, government, and non-profits to achieve mission-oriented, profitable solutions. We have been certified by Social Traders as a Social Enterprise. We are based in Gippsland and are passionate about helping Gippsland grow. Find us on Facebook, LinkedIn or visit our website.