Seeking a Bar Person/Manager at Travellers Rest Hotel
The Travellers Rest Hotel is an iconic 1937 pub, offering food, accommodation and bar facilities in Thorpdale (West Gippsland).
The Hotel is operating on a limited capacity during COVID focussing on the Bar but with a longer term vision to re-introduce functions, restaurant and accommodation.
This has created a great opportunity for an experienced Bar Person to develop their career to manage the Hotel over the next 12 months.
The Hotel serves a local community with strong historic ties and loyalty to the Travellers Rest Hotel. We also host out of region visitors over the weekend.
Initially this is a hands-on role and will require weekend and evening work on a casual or part time basis. As we develop our planned activities this could become a full time role.
Working closely with the new owners you will also be involved in the development of the vision for the Hotel.
This job will suit someone with bar or venue experience and is excited about the opportunity of developing a business in this beautiful part of Gippsland.
Your first few months you will lead and be responsible for the day to day running of the Bar including opening and closing. Your focus will be on building the business with high level of customer service, engaging with the community, adhering to regulatory and company policies and achieving KPIs. Specific tasks include
- Stock ordering and rotation
- Serving alcohol responsibly
- Promoting our new line of in-house Vodka products
- POS reporting and reconciliation
- Developing and maintaining hotel policies and systems
- Lead and manage the appointment and rostering of staff
- Problem solving and resolving issues that may occur in regard to service and amenities
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in a similar role with RSA; Food Handling Certificate is welcomed
- A background in hospitality is preferred
- An energetic, and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task whilst having a ‘can do’ service attitude
- Able to politely assert yourself in a bar environment
- The availability to work days, nights and weekends.
To get the best person, we offer this role commencing on part time basis.
In return for your hard work and dedication we provide:
- Satisfaction of creating a successful business
- Live on site (should you need it),
- Assistance with venue/hotel management training and mentoring,
- An incentive bonus on an agreed basis, and
- A competitive salary.
How to Apply
Job opportunity: Sales & Marketing Assistant
Tenure: Full time, Flexible Working Hours or Permanent Part Time available
Australian Sustainable Hardwoods (ASH) is the largest vertically integrated hardwood manufacturer in Australia. ASH’s advanced manufacturing spans across 6 different manufacturing lines producing innovative products for the Australian market. Products include staircase components, mass timber systems, flooring, dressed and sawn timber, cladding, lining, benchtops, windows and doors, external profiles and more. Based in Heyfield, ASH employs more than 150 people across two sites and values its people, culture and collaborative workplace.
– Outstanding organisational skills
– Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
– Exceptional attention to detail
– Passion for all things marketing
– The ability to work in a team and autonomously
– Proactive and positive approach with an eagerness to learn
– Drive to succeed
Qualifications and Experience
– A relevant tertiary or diploma qualification in Marketing, Media or Communications OR at least 2 years’ experience in a marketing driven role
– Experience managing Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn
– Proven marketing or sales experience
– Understanding of marketing platforms desired (CRM, CMS, eDM, scheduling, igital assets)
– Preferable experience in graphic design and web CMS software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and WordPress
– Photography/Videography skills desired
– Current Victorian Drivers Licence
– Attractive salary and super
– Work for a business that values its people and culture
– Flexible working hours
– Free onsite physio
– Professional development and career opportunities
– Work for a sustainable company and industry
For more information, see job post here: https://www.seek.com.au/job/51467759
Or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close: Tuesday 23rd February 2021
Business Improvement Leader
Are you passionate about providing value to your clients through agile thinking and lean practices? We’re seeking an experienced management consultant with change management and facilitation experience.
Due to growth, an opportunity exists for a Business Improvement Leader to join a successful Traralgon-based consultancy who has built a strong reputation for building capability and driving successful transformations. Lean practitioners, they take a situational approach based on innovating key dimensions of their clients’ organisations. They develop tailored solutions that combine lean thinking, agile practices and visual management, aiming to create value by inspiring their clients to build capability to solve their own problems.
So if you are….
- an excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain client relationships;
- highly skilled in Microsoft Project with the ability to use Microsoft Office suite to an advanced level (experience with Power BI & SharePoint also desirable);
- experienced in business to business interactions in particular, confidentiality, budgeting, monitoring and reporting;
- willing to learn and progress in a growing business; and
- experienced in Project Management (preferred but not essential), then
then APPLY NOW via the link below:
Digital Technologies (IT) Teacher – Casual Position
Buchan Neighbourhood House and Noweyung Inc offer Adult Education Courses in Bairnsdale, Buchan and Lakes Entrance funded through the Adult, Community and Further Education Board.
We value the need for the opportunity for adults to train or retrain to get a job or to participate in further education and lifelong learning by offering a springboard from pre accredited training to accredited training in East Gippsland.
We are seeking an inspiring classroom practitioner who is enthusiastic, innovative and experienced to teach Information and Communications Technology.
We require an educator who will create an engaging learning environment and effective digital technology pedagogies and skills.
The successful candidate will collaborate with BNH and Noweyung Inc staff in the planning and implementation of IT courses, content and knowledge,
This position requires a person who has program planning experience, is proficient at integrating new technologies, possesses excellent computer literacy, and stays abreast of emerging IT tools and systems.
This is a casual position and the hours of work are based on the courses being conducted by these services.
Full Position Description is available at Buchan Neighbourhood House, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send details.
For more information, please contact Evelyn Schmidt 0427 586 038
Closing date: Wednesday 27th March 2019