Launching Startup Gippsland Alumni Stories!
Startup Gippsland is excited to announce that we now have dozens of alumni stories up on our website! Check out a few snippets below:
“I have found the support and guidance provided crucial to my being in a position to launch my startup within the space of only 12 weeks. The support that continues to be forthcoming both by GippsTech but also the broader group of alumni is also one of the critical outcomes that will see continued success of the innovation ecosystem in Gippsland.” said Angelo Saridis, Founder of Urban Farmland, an online marketplace connecting landholders with food growing initiatives.
“I had a bunch of various skills but didn’t see a way to integrate them. The training brought clarity to that process.” said Annebelle van Tongeren from Fern & Frost who was the winner of the Most Improved Entrepreneur Prize.
You too can run a successful global startup from Gippsland! If you’re interested in the program, contact us via website form here, or subscribe to the Startup Gippsland Program News.
Event wrap up: The Modern Techniques of Sales and Negotiation
We are so proud to have brought the Modern Techniques of Sales & Negotiation event to Gippsland in late November.
So much positive feedback has been received from all who attended. A big thanks to Jack Corbett from ISR Training, Localised and the In2 Project Management Team for making it possible.
Thanks also to Joh for her recent blog post, which is a great wrap up of the event: http://johblogs.com/the-modern-techniques-of-sales-and-negotiation/
Registrations now open for Business Clean Up Day 2020
In 2020 Clean Up Australia will be celebrating their 30th anniversary and all that has been achieved by their volunteers over the past three decades.
Clean Up Australia Day is on Sunday 1 March, but in recognition that businesses often wish to participate during work hours, the official Business Clean Up Day is Tuesday 25 February. However, businesses can opt to do a Clean Up any day of the year.
Doing a Business Clean Up is a great way to:
- Make a real difference by helping us to deliver lasting environmental change
- Support your local community
- Increase team cohesion via a low-cost team building exercise
- Engage your team in discussions on waste issues.
To learn more visit Clean Up Australia.
Business in Baw Baw
Have you seen our latest newsletter?
Packed full of useful information for those of you already in business, or anyone looking to turn there dreams into reality!
Our Spring edition features (and a lot more – so we strongly suggest you click the link below):
- Upcoming workshops
- Grants for Businesses
- Baw Baw’s improved services for our business customers
- And an introduction to our newest team member and how she can help support your business, Alana Ravenhorst- Concierge, Business Support Service
If you ever have any questions for the team and Baw Baw reach out, we love to hear from you!
Wellington Business News – November 2019 Edition
The Business Development Unit of the Wellington Shire Council publish a monthly newsletter that provides information regarding:
- Industry trends
- Current State or Commonwealth Grants designed to assist businesses
- Detail of workshops and forums currently on offer
- Other information relative to businesses in Wellington.
Click the link to view the most recent edition where you will also be given the opportunity to “subscribe” meaning future newsletters will hit your mailbox as soon as the are published.
Boost your business!
Round 4 of Business Victoria’s Boost Your Business program is now open, offering up to $50,000 in funding for eligible small and medium enterprises.
Find out more about the program, including funding streams and eligibility criteria, click here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/Boost-Your-Business
Talking Tourism in South Gippsland Shire – your feedback is needed!
South Gippsland Shire Council is seeking your feedback regarding tourism in our region. We would like to know what marketing works for you and what you consider to be future tourism opportunities.
If you haven’t had the chance to provide feedback, we would like to hear from you!
It only takes five minutes and will be open until Friday 18 October close of business.
To start the survey click here.
Agribusiness Awards – entries now open!
Entries are open to nominate your business for the Excellence in Agribusiness Awards. Presented by Food & Fibre Gippsland, these awards recognise, celebrate and reward collaboration and innovation.
The competition adopts a two-tiered approach with the premier award, Gippsland Agribusiness of the Year, followed by a range of nine awards across the entire food and fibre supply chain.
Entries close 14 June 2019. Click here to find out more and to enter.
Startup Gippsland MEET UP – Focus on founder wellbeing and mental health
Come and join us at Startup Gippsland May meetup in Wonthaggi! In this meetup we’ll be focusing on founder wellbeing and mental health. We’ll have two amazing facilitators on the evening:
- Anna Osherov will be facilitating networking games so you can easily meet your most sought after people. Anna comes armed with a Bachelor of Communication from Monash University, expertise in event marketing and 14 years experience working directly with business owners, Anna Osherov is the CEO and founder of the Holistic Business Hub and an event-marketing expert who works with business people to create eventologists: people who build their business by running successful events. She was recently nominated for the 2019 Telstra Business Award.
- Amrit Sandhu will be speaking about founder wellbeing and mental health. Amrit is an international speaker and the founder of the Inspired Evolution – a movement dedicated to personal growth towards purposeful living. Amrit’s drive is to help people ‘live the life they love’. The Inspired Evolution inspires creative and entrepreneurial ways of thinking, living and being. Their services encompass tailoring a diverse range of meditation, mindfulness, leadership and excellence offerings for multi-national corporations, small businesses, entrepreneurs and high-performing individuals.
Drinks and nibbles provided while you mingle with local entrepreneurs, startup experts and mentors.
Take a look at your new Noticeboard!
We’ve shaken things up and given the old Announcements tool an update. Introducing your Noticeboard, a place where you can share your business news, such as appointments, milestones, awards, job opportunities – the list goes on! – with your local business community.
What’s making news in your business?