Seeking a Bar Person/Manager at Travellers Rest Hotel
The Travellers Rest Hotel is an iconic 1937 pub, offering food, accommodation and bar facilities in Thorpdale (West Gippsland).
The Hotel is operating on a limited capacity during COVID focussing on the Bar but with a longer term vision to re-introduce functions, restaurant and accommodation.
This has created a great opportunity for an experienced Bar Person to develop their career to manage the Hotel over the next 12 months.
The Hotel serves a local community with strong historic ties and loyalty to the Travellers Rest Hotel. We also host out of region visitors over the weekend.
Initially this is a hands-on role and will require weekend and evening work on a casual or part time basis. As we develop our planned activities this could become a full time role.
Working closely with the new owners you will also be involved in the development of the vision for the Hotel.
This job will suit someone with bar or venue experience and is excited about the opportunity of developing a business in this beautiful part of Gippsland.
Your first few months you will lead and be responsible for the day to day running of the Bar including opening and closing. Your focus will be on building the business with high level of customer service, engaging with the community, adhering to regulatory and company policies and achieving KPIs. Specific tasks include
- Stock ordering and rotation
- Serving alcohol responsibly
- Promoting our new line of in-house Vodka products
- POS reporting and reconciliation
- Developing and maintaining hotel policies and systems
- Lead and manage the appointment and rostering of staff
- Problem solving and resolving issues that may occur in regard to service and amenities
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in a similar role with RSA; Food Handling Certificate is welcomed
- A background in hospitality is preferred
- An energetic, and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task whilst having a ‘can do’ service attitude
- Able to politely assert yourself in a bar environment
- The availability to work days, nights and weekends.
To get the best person, we offer this role commencing on part time basis.
In return for your hard work and dedication we provide:
- Satisfaction of creating a successful business
- Live on site (should you need it),
- Assistance with venue/hotel management training and mentoring,
- An incentive bonus on an agreed basis, and
- A competitive salary.
How to Apply
The Alice Anderson Fund – for women-led startups
LaunchVic’s new fund – the Alice Anderson Fund, is designed to support women-led startups.
The Alice Anderson Fund is a $10 million angel sidecar fund that co-invests in women-led startups with private sector investors.
The fund is open to local and international investors, angel networks, early-stage VCs and Family Offices with women-led startups in their pipeline. LaunchVic will co-invest between $50,000-$300,000 to be matched 3:1 by the investor.
Named in honour of one of Victoria’s great women entrepreneurs, the Alice Anderson Fund will support up to 60 women-led startups over the next three years and unlock up to $40 million in early-stage capital.
Investors can apply here https://launchvic.org/general/angel-sidecar
Startup Gippsland’s Scale Up Accelerator program – Applications are now open!
Do you have ambitions to grow your business in and beyond Gippsland?
Every startup requires expert knowledge and support to reach their potential, particularly if their sights are set on growing into regional, national and international markets.
The Scale Up Accelerator program is the pathway to help you grow and scale your business! If you are a founder/s of an established startup, working full time in your business and turning over a profit, and you’re ready to take things to the next level, then this program is for you.
The Scale Up Accelerator program is run by locals, for locals, along with facilitation from a team of highly experienced industry and scale up experts. Over 6 days, we will cover a wide range of scaling fundamentals, from financial frameworks and business models, to risk management and marketing, to distribution and exporting, and much more!
If you’re ready to take the next step and put your business on the map, apply now!
Tender Training Workshop
The Gippsland region is experiencing unprecedented investment with a significant pipeline of construction, infrastructure and renewable energy projects underway or soon to commence.
GROW Gippsland is delivering a series of workshops to support local suppliers to understand procurement requirements including tenders and requests for quotation and to position your business to win more work locally.
The training will be delivered by procurement specialists with extensive experience managing projects from both the buyer and supplier side of the process.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Learn tips for responding to opportunities including marketing your business, understanding the evaluation process, complying with mandatory requirements and reviewing and understanding contracts
- Hear from local procurers about what they are looking for from suppliers
- Discover where to go for helpful information, to find opportunities for work and to make yourself visible to buyers
- Discover the support available to you through the GROW Gippsland program
Who should attend? Local businesses, business owners and suppliers in Gippsland who are bidding for work with Government and the private sector.
The topics that will be covered during the workshop:
- What is procurement and what are the different methods of procurement
- Early considerations of tendering
- Key considerations in preparing tender
- How to format the tender response
- How to build a capability statement
- Common mistakes in submitting a tender
- Do’s and don’ts of preparing a tender response
- Evaluation criteria
- What to do after tender award
Another Happy Happy Customer!
Bloom recently created a stunning website for a lovely customer in East Gippsland. We loved creating the sleek look website for Sarah from Hair by Sarah Monroe. The site is easy to user friendly, easy to navigate and stunning to look at. Sarah creates some of the most amazing hair and beauty looks and we were so excited to showcase these for her.
If you are looking for a website design for your business or a revamp of your current design then we can help!
For $100 off website designs (minimum spend $500) and $50.00 off revamps or desgins under $500.00 contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know you saw this post!
We love creating professional, user friendly and beautiful websites.
Bobbie | Online Business Consultant
Seeking Subcontractors for Construction of 2 x Ambulance Stations
May Constructions has been awarded the head contract for two new ambulance stations to be built in Warragul and Moe.
We’d love to support the local community so we’re looking for subcontractors from the Gippsland area to work with.
If your business has the capacity to assist in the construction of a community facility we want to hear from you.
Please contact the team at email@example.com for more information.
No entries match your request.
Victorian Chamber Of Commerce – Get More With Membership Than Ever Before
Get more with membership
than ever before.
Human Resources & Workplace Relations
Get expert help on workplace issues when you need it.
Expand your network and open doors to new business opportunities at networking events.
Upskill staff with access to over 800 nationally recognised training courses and webinars.
Access free online HR tools and templates, and gain support in applying for government grants.
From just $350, your membership will give you everything
you need to grow your business.
For more information please call your Gippsland Regional Manager – Krystel Dean on 0401 416 822
Join by July 16 to get your full fee back in bonus credits and gain access to our biggest range of business resources, tools and expert advice.
Small Business Energy Saver Program
The Small Business Energy Saver Program provides a bonus for small businesses, discounting the cost to upgrade to more energy-efficient equipment.
Victorian small businesses with 19 FTE employees or less can receive up to $2000* to install energy-efficient business equipment at their workplace.
By switching to energy-saving equipment upgrades offered by the Small Business Energy Saver program, businesses can save 15-20% of the upgraded equipment’s annual energy operational costs.
Small business owners can leverage the savings from reduced energy bills to focus on growing their business.
Businesses can visit the Small Business Energy Saver page for businesses on the SV website and register their interest in receiving an upgrade.
Scribing as you speak: reports, submissions, testimonies, life stories
Since COVID entered our lives a bit over a year ago, I have expanded my Gippsland-based business On Time Typing, editing and Proofreading (OTTEP) to include a stronger focus on ‘typing what you say, while you speak’.
My three scribes and myself do this via:
- telephone – you speaking while I type what you say
- Zoom (using screenshare so you can see what I’m typing),
- telephone plus Google.docs (so we can both see what I’m typing), and
- with Gippsland clients, also via face to face consultations, where I type into my laptop while you speak.
About my scribing experience
I have been scribing as people speak for 30 years: it’s my best skill. I type what you say, then edit that into the standard and style of copy that you need, which always depends on your audience. I do research to cross-check facts or fill in details where needed. I submit the edited copy back to you, or if you like, I write it into your online platform of choice (Blog, website, LinkedIn article).
I even scribe as people speak then edit and produce what they have said into a self-published book (and I have done this many times).
Some people call this ‘ghost writing’ but I do not. Because speaking your story (or article or website content) is just as valid as writing it down: you are the sole author. I am not acting as your ‘writer’. I’m simply acting as your scribe and editor.
If you find talking easier than writing, or if you don’t have time to write, the option of using a scribe to type while you speak may be the way to go.
Victorian Government’s Business Costs Assistance programs now open
The Victorian Government has launched a new round of grants for eligible small to medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses impacted by the recent restrictions in Victoria.
The Business Costs Assistance program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
The Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund offers grants of $3,500 for businesses with a premises in regional Victoria and $7,000 for businesses with a premises in metropolitan Melbourne. This Fund will be available to eligible liquor licensees operating a restaurant, hotel, café, pub, bar, club, or reception centre that is registered to serve food and alcohol.
- Eligible liquor licensees with an eLicence email address will receive an email containing their grant application link from Business Victoria from Thursday 3 June 2021.
- Liquor licensees without an eLicence email address must set one up on their Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation Liquor Portal by 20 June 2021 to receive their grant application link from Business Victoria within five business days
Full eligibility criteria for both the Business Costs Assistance Program and Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund can be found on the links above, along with details on which industries are eligible and how to apply. Applications are open until 11:59pm on 24 June 2021.
Please reach out to your Local Business Concierge if you need additional information on these programs.