January 15, 2019
February 8, 2019
Project Manager Role - Latrobe Valley Microgrid Program
Project Manager – Latrobe Valley Microgrid Project
• High profile, innovative and large scale renewable energy project
• Full time 18 month Fixed term role
• Applicants must live in the Latrobe Valley, Victoria, region.
Ovida is owned and backed by one of Australia’s largest energy infrastructure owner-operators, SGSP (Australia), who are entrusted with the management of essential services for over 1.7 million customers across Australia. Ovida’s role is to take advantage of the changing energy landscape and contribute to SGSP’s Growth Strategy by focusing on delivering customer value through innovative behind the meter solutions.
Ovida has been successful in securing Victorian Government Funding for a $15mil project that will bring renewable and lower cost energy to businesses in regional Victoria, cutting thousands of dollars off electricity bills.
Ovida will install, own and operate roof top solar panels, battery storage systems and smart interconnected technology across up to 75 new microgrid sites in the Latrobe Valley. The
project will support approximately 750 separate businesses within the network, making it the
largest concentration of microgrids in Australia.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced project manager, based in Victoria’s Latrobe Valley, to lead this exciting and innovative project. This is a high profile, complex and large scale project, which will require a deep appreciation of community issues, renewable technology and problem solving skills to be successful.
The role’s key focus is to deliver the project’s multiple objectives (technical, customer, commercial and legal and regulatory objectives) through working closely with multiple Government departments, Community Groups, Internal Stakeholders and Channel Partners to deliver newly formulated microgrid products that support community, government and commercial outcomes.
The role will require a broad skill set and a “can do” approach as tasks will range from hosting a community BBQ event, to working with a software development engineers and coordinating works with solar installation companies.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and deliver the agreed Ovida Latrobe Valley Microgrid Project to the customer outcomes, quality standards, schedule and contractual requirements
• Act as the daily interface with various government agencies and departments to leverage and maintain project alignment with their objectives
• Manage and develop Ovida’s brand with a strong positive reputation, media profile and acceptance in the community
• Manage and coordinate the Ovida Consortium, which has been established to deliver the project
• Work with business owners, landlords and tenants to build awareness of the product, understand the benefits, plan and deliver the solutions
• Ensure Ovida complies with all Government contractual requirements and ad hoc requests, including approvals, reporting, milestone achievement, invoicing, budget management and schedule management
• Establish, build and maintain relationships with key channel and community agencies
• Review the technology’s performance and adapt to the market to produce commercial products
• Oversee financial modelling and commercial evaluation performance of projects
• Manage/supervise due diligence (DD) process for the project
• Review the pricing, financial and commercial models for Ovida
• Deliver the required analytical tools to assist with analysis and commercial decision making
• Desirable Qualifications in Electrical Engineering, Project Management, commercial management or other business related discipline
Skills & Experience
• Demonstrated Project Management experience
• Experience in renewable energy technology, installation and or products
• Outstanding stakeholder management skills
• Experience in managing and delivering government contractual requirements
• Experience in working with government agencies and community groups, such as local and state government, community business and energy groups
• Clear and articulate communication skills for effective community engagement and public speaking
• Experience in business modelling and analysis in a commercial environment
• High understanding of risk management
• Can do attitude and well- developed problem solving skills
Ovida is a dynamic company that focuses on attracting and motivating talented industry professionals. We have made it our priority to create an exceptional workplace with competitive salaries, educational assistance and salary packaging options, among other benefits.
To apply: please submit a Cover Letter and CV, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close by Friday 8th February. For more information please contact Renee Costoglou on 03 9173 6753
As part of Ovida’s recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This project does not have any attachments.