February 27, 2019
April 3, 2019
Omeo MTB Business Case
Interested applicants should go to Tenderlink and down load the documentation.
The Business Case will assess the development opportunity and viability of establishing Omeo as a mountain biking (MTB) destination town.
The development of the complex has been identified by East Gippsland Shire Council as a key factor in contributing to ongoing economic well-being of the Omeo township as well as enhancing East Gippsland tourism development potential.
Following construction of the facility, a major increase in visitors is projected and this will generate significant benefits through spending in Omeo and the broader region.
Local employment opportunities will be created during the construction phase and opportunities also exist for the creation of bike related local businesses including mountain bike hire, instruction and guided mountain bike tours, rider and bike shuttle services following the precincts completion.
The Business Case, utilising Department of Treasury and Finance guidelines, will assess the viability
of Omeo as a destination for mountain biking, and will include but not be limited to:
• an evaluation of the assumptions and results of other reports (including the Omeo Mountain Bike Feasibility Report (OMFR));
• determining whether there is market demand for mountain biking facilities in Omeo;
• determining the economic return of mountain biking facilities in Omeo to create a strategic justification that the investment in mountain biking infrastructure will succeed in generating an economic return;
• an evaluation of costs and benefits of the proposal and identification of opportunities for the project to leverage private sector investment; and
• an assessment of statutory approvals (including land access and use), governance, on-going management and maintenance responsibilities of the trail networks, project implementation and industry activation.
This project does not have any attachments.