As we all know, first impressions count.
Nowadays, your website is our main shopfront, so it’s vitally important to make sure your website:
- reflects exactly how you want to present your goods or services to the public,
- is easy to navigate and has good content that will interest your audience,
- looks absolutely great (images, layout, headings and text), and
- has no errors or missing information.
To this end, an editor who is experienced in editing online content (websites, blogs, advertisements) is the best person to check your website to make sure the above four factors are covered, and to give your website that final polish that it needs. d
If you try to self-edit or perfect your website yourself, without any professional guidance, you risk publishing embarrassing errors and unclear wording in your website. This will give your customers a terrible first impression of your business.
On the other hand, if you ask a professional editor for a quote to edit your website, you are on the path to producing a perfect shopfront for your business, and a razor-sharp edge on your competitors.
For an example of a sharp, informative and successful website, go to: On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading.
For a quote or more information about my editing services, based in Gippsland, call me on 0419 337 824 or go to: contact us.
Image: courtesy of Pixabay (no attribution required).
Sally-Anne Watson Kane
Writer, editor, proofreader, owner/operator - On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading
Sally-Anne Watson Kane owns and operates On Time Typing, Editing and Proofreading (established as 'On Time Typing' in 2002) and Peewee Press (since 2003). Sally-Anne is a professional editor and full member of Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) Australia, based in Moe, Gippsland.
Our services: typing, scribing, report writing, minute-taking, transcription, copy writing, editing, proofreading, graphic design, and self-publishing.
Sally-Anne manages an Australian-based team of eleven typists, scribes, transcriptionists, writers and editors (all subcontractors) including typists in Gippsland as well as typists, editors and scribes in Melbourne, Central Victoria and interstate.
Sally-Anne is a professional member of Institute of Professional Editors and Editors Victoria, and a full member of Life Stories Australia.
Sally-Anne regularly writes articles about sole trader and small business management, writing and editing, self-publishing, and contemporary issues in Australia, across a variety of platforms.
Sally-Anne has 25 years' experience in:
- editing and proofreading publications, websites, policies and reports.
- audio transcription (dictation, transcripts of interviews, focus groups, investigations, hearings).
- recording, transcribing, compiling and self-publishing oral histories and anthologies.
- writing articles, websites, reports and publications
- scribing and writing selection, procurement and referee reports
- scribing, writing and editing self-published memoirs and life stories
- providing self-publishing services to authors, businesses and organisations from handwritten manuscript through to printed book stage, including: project planning, budget, typing, editing, proofreading, graphic design, printer quotes and liaison. We specialise in producing memoirs and life stories, local histories, and minority voices.