5 Killer Mistakes – Part 2
In a recent article we covered the first two of the 5 biggest mistakes you can make in dealing with clients. Today we’ll cover the third and fourth ones:
3. Taking on More Than You Can Handle.
When you take on too much, your business can’t keep up and therefore you can easily lose control of everything and find yourself barely functioning. You want your business to be successful, no doubt, but you need to have a plan for how you will handle the growth. Your clients expect great customer service and high quality products/services. They don’t know or care about you being behind the scenes operations to get those things done.
Look for these signs that you are taking on more than you can handle:
- Clients’ needs aren’t being met.
- Employee morale is low, clients are upset and you’re in a panic.
- You have to react in emergency mode to save accounts.
- Your current clients are suffering from trying to keep up with new business.
- Profits are going down.
- You are just trying to pick up the pieces of your business.
- Your clients/customers leave.
- Resources are being reallocated.
There a trick called the Mock Client Plan. This plan can help you react positively when you are facing some or all of these things and help you get your business back on track. This plan will:
- Help increase sales in a short period of time.
- Alter your products/services for the better.
- Fulfill promises you made to your clients.
There are six steps to this plan:
- Bring in your best team and have them all help to meet the client needs.
- Review your operational system.
- Anticipate future problems better.
- Communicate better.
- Include costs in your quotes.
- Always have a back-up plan.
4. All Your Eggs in One Basket
You cannot allow your company to become dependent on any one client. Eventually or for certain periods there is going to be a slowing down period with your clint. In order to stay in the game, you need to diversify.
If you’ve ever mishandled a client, you could drive away potential clients as well. In order to keep balance and prepare for a strong future, there are a few things you can do.
These things include:
- Stay in the loop and try to know what’s going on inside your clients’ company.
- Constantly reinvent yourself and stay at the top of your industry.
- Stay exclusive.
- Try to secure multi-year commitments and contracts.
- Spread your contracts out.
- Price your products/services correctly.
You also need to work to reduce your dependency on your big client. This can generally be measured in sales or profits. Take a look back at the process we’ve used thus far to snag more clients to keep this all in balance.
These are the ways you can help avoid the killer mistakes that can make you lose it all. If you need help with any of these tips or tricks, try our FREE test drive to get the help you need fast.
Next time we’ll talk about the last of the killer mistakes and how to combat it from hitting your business hard.
Business Growth Specialist & Marketing Strategist - Profit Improvers
My goal is straight forward.... to help serious business owners get more clients, close more sales and start using their marketing dollars effectively.
By focusing on the proven 5 Step Profit Formula, You have the ability to find at least $10,000 to $50,000 in additional revenue, available to you in your business right now, in less than 45 minutes - WITHOUT spending a cent on marketing or advertising. I can help you identify the best places to look for that additional revenue.
If you’re interested in seeing dramatic and immediate increases in leads, sales and revenue, then I can help you.
If you want more leads than you can handle, along with the ability to close new leads up to 80% of the time, the formula is tried, proven, tested and true. It’s being used right now by businesses all around the world and You can use it too.