The Travellers Rest Hotel is an iconic 1937 pub, offering food, accommodation and bar facilities in Thorpdale (West Gippsland).
The Hotel is operating on a limited capacity during COVID focussing on the Bar but with a longer term vision to re-introduce functions, restaurant and accommodation.
This has created a great opportunity for an experienced Bar Person to develop their career to manage the Hotel over the next 12 months.
The Hotel serves a local community with strong historic ties and loyalty to the Travellers Rest Hotel. We also host out of region visitors over the weekend.
Initially this is a hands-on role and will require weekend and evening work on a casual or part time basis. As we develop our planned activities this could become a full time role.
Working closely with the new owners you will also be involved in the development of the vision for the Hotel.
This job will suit someone with bar or venue experience and is excited about the opportunity of developing a business in this beautiful part of Gippsland.
Your first few months you will lead and be responsible for the day to day running of the Bar including opening and closing. Your focus will be on building the business with high level of customer service, engaging with the community, adhering to regulatory and company policies and achieving KPIs. Specific tasks include
- Stock ordering and rotation
- Serving alcohol responsibly
- Promoting our new line of in-house Vodka products
- POS reporting and reconciliation
- Developing and maintaining hotel policies and systems
- Lead and manage the appointment and rostering of staff
- Problem solving and resolving issues that may occur in regard to service and amenities
Your skills and experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Experience in a similar role with RSA; Food Handling Certificate is welcomed
- A background in hospitality is preferred
- An energetic, and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to multi-task whilst having a ‘can do’ service attitude
- Able to politely assert yourself in a bar environment
- The availability to work days, nights and weekends.
To get the best person, we offer this role commencing on part time basis.
In return for your hard work and dedication we provide:
- Satisfaction of creating a successful business
- Live on site (should you need it),
- Assistance with venue/hotel management training and mentoring,
- An incentive bonus on an agreed basis, and
- A competitive salary.
How to Apply